Thursday, May 08, 2008

Olympic flame ascends world summit -- Mt. Qomolangma


Most likely you will never ascend mount Everest. You can bet your sweet ass I won't.

To do it while carrying the Olympic torch is amazing. I, frankly, didn't believe they could pull it off. I expected them to crash and burn (no puns intended). Those 19 climbers have earned my respect and admiration.

Its safe to say China has set the fucking bar as high as possible for future Olympic torch relays.
The Olympic flame for the Beijing Games was carried to the top of Mount Qomolangma [Everest] by Chinese climbers at 9:18 a.m. Beijing Time on Thursday. The Beijing Olympic torch relay is the longest and most ambitious ever planned.

Sometimes humans amaze me with what they can accomplish.

Note: Headline links to source.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home