Friday, June 16, 2006

Very Well Written Post...No Not Mine

This from Arthur Silber at Once Upon a Time... Just a taste.
"I Wake Up Screaming" is one of my favorite movie titles of all time. But I don't think I've ever seen that film; I'm not exactly a big Betty Grable or Victor Mature fan. But if the movie is even half as lunatic as the title, I suspect I'd enjoy it a lot.

But in this, the Sixth Year of Our Glorious Emperor (with date citations soon to be in the form "A.B.," no doubt), I often feel that way when I first begin to peruse the news sites each morning. As I contemplate the continuing, widening destruction wrought by Bush and his henchmen both at home and abroad, screaming seems to be the only appropriate response. Such a reaction is warranted not only by the endless death in Iraq and the continuing destruction of that country, but by the Bush administration's embrace of torture, by its ceaseless assault on individual rights and civil liberties, by its rejection of science and reason as a matter of fundamentalist policy -- to say nothing of the numerous other horrors, the incidents at Haditha and Guantanamo, and what I think is the likely attack on Iran in the near future. (I will soon be writing much more about Haditha, Guantanamo and Iran.)

If you read my site, you know I agree with all this. I've posted over 60 oops 262 times about Iran and usually about the inevitable invasion of Iran. Bushco's following the exact playbook as they did with Iraq with pretty much the same results thus far.

Arthur goes on to say Bushco and not just al-Qaeda wants to start a war between the US and Iran. I've posted about that too.

Somehow this administration has to be stopped before they can start another world war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home