Sunday, February 04, 2007

Egocentrism

I'm sorry, but this over at Eschaton just pissed me off.
This is not an opportunity for people to send me an email saying "please check out my blog!" That's the worst way to get someone to check out your blog. There's nothing wrong with the fine art of blogwhoring, but it is a fine art. If you have something specific on your blog you think I might be interested in send me that.

All bloggers decide if they want to include another blog in their blogroll. It makes sense, but this shit struck me as "show me you're worthy". Fuck that.

I don't read several blogs because of the pompous asses who write them or because they have diarrhea of the keyboard and I haven't the time nor patience to read them. Life's too short to put up with know-it-alls who haven't a clue they've made their point already.

Have I mentioned I need to talk to my doc about upping my meds?

(no link)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life's too short to put up with know-it-alls who haven't a clue they've made their point already.

Good Lord, man, how did I ever end up on your blogroll?

2/04/2007 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Because I'm discerning. I only blogroll the best.

2/04/2007 02:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I repeat...

2/05/2007 02:08:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

In my opinion you're one of the best.

I read you every day and want to encourage others to do the same.

2/05/2007 09:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm genuinely flattered and amazed. Thank you.

I've only just started reading your blog, but so far, so good!

2/05/2007 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jon Swift said...

As you know, my blogroll policy is the very opposite of Atrios'. It is a truly liberal blogroll policy. Here is my take on the blogroll bloodletting.

2/07/2007 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Jon, I like your style vis-a-vis blogrolling. Sometimes it really is to help the "little guy/gal".

It appears you and I won't agree on a lot of other things though.

Added you to my blogroll. I need to include more people with opinions contrary to mine. I'll get around to that.

2/07/2007 06:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little more than pissed that Atrios would determine for me, who and how I add blogs to my blogroll. I've had bloggers email me requesting reciprocal links -- sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Like you said, it's each blogger's decision.

Perhaps if Atrios clarified that _he_ won't answer/comply with a request, it wouldn't have gotten so many bloggers annoyed. He, and others need to learn that the broad-brush painting just does not work.

But, one thing thing about these "flaps" that I do like, is finding more new (to me) bloggers that are worth reading.

2/07/2007 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

ce petro, thanx.

This subject really seems to strike a negative chord with many.

Check out Jill's post at Brilliant at Breakfast.

2/07/2007 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home