Thursday, February 01, 2007

Iran is next

I sometimes get hysterical when it isn't appropriate. Its part of my nature, but I've been posting for months about Bush's intent to attack Iran here, here, here and here. For most of that time I was out in the cold alone. Not anymore.
As paranoid as it sounds, I find myself thinking exactly what Josh Marshall's thinking. It seems like the Bush administration is trying to provoke some sort of conflict with Iran.

As things stand now, there's no way the Bush administration could convince more than a handful of members of Congress to vote in favor of a force resolution against Iran. And I doubt that even this White House has the stones to launch an unprovoked attack on Iran in the absence of such a resolution. But what if Iran were to strike first? Certainly no one could blame the president for responding, right? The country might even rally around him.

Even Congress thinks Bush wants to attack.
Democratic leaders in Congress lobbed a warning shot Friday at the White House not to launch an attack against Iran without first seeking approval from lawmakers.

"The President does not have the authority to launch military action in Iran without first seeking congressional authorization," Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., told the National Press Club.

I gotta set up my think tank.

(read more)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home