Tuesday, February 13, 2007

NFL, shame on you

Please read this post over at Big Shot Bob in Texas. Then come back and read further.

When my eldest son, who had amazing skill as a running back, decided to forgo college and continue his football career I was disappointed. I loved cheering for him and watching his exploits. But I was also elated because it meant he would no longer get pummeled by even bigger brutes than he faced in high school.

Carrying that little pointy ended ball is equivalent to walking down a dark alley in a major city with wads of money in your hands.

Though I have little to no influence, I offer a challenge to all current and future NFL players. If you sign a contract for an obscene amount of money, like $33 million for 4 years, donate $1 million or more to the NFL retirement fund or whatever its called. It was the guys playing for hundreds of dollars and getting beaten to a pulp whose shoulders you're standing on. Help them. I'm sure it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home