Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Political advice: Don't hire a blogger

I'm sure you're all aware of the dust-up over Edward's hiring a couple bloggers for his campaign. My advice to all politicians is to not hire bloggers.

The site should be your voice. You don't need a blogger to create content.

What you need is a good web designer to set up your site and modify it as needed. You also need someone to post to the site. One or both people can surf blogs looking for posts that fit with your vision. They can then link to said posts with a disclaimer you embrace what is said in that post, but not necessarily any other post by that blogger.

The internet is world wide and, baring deletions, forever out there. I have fewer than 2,000 posts but wouldn't be able to scan every last one carefully to see if there's some sort of inflammatory content out there (there is in almost all my posts).

This is too bad. Most bloggers I know are passionate and could really use the money. There's also the prestige of working with/for a politician or a political candidate. But on balance its not a good idea to employ one.

All that said, I must defend Amanda. She's been an email friend and she's not any of the things the wingers have been accusing her of being. Well, except for the profanity thing, but fuck them if they can't handle it. Her resignation is, in my opinion, an example of her integrity and common sense although its also unfortunate.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I don't have to worry about any campaign trying to hire me, unless they think videos of Kermit The Frog singing Talking Heads songs will get them votes.

2/13/2007 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Wow, Kermit The Frog? It would convince me to vote for someone, but not as much as Grover. Now Grover knows his politics.

2/13/2007 03:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Kermit The Frog? It would convince me to vote for someone, but not as much as Grover. Now Grover knows his politics.

"Hell-lo, everybody! This is your furry nominee Grover!"

2/14/2007 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home