Sunday, September 02, 2007

GENERAL PETRAEUS'S PR BLITZKRIEG


An extremely good post. Not this one. The one I link to.

Kevin's right ya know. Petraneus has been methodically building his case and few if any have bothered to call him on it except for Kevin and the LA Times.

I have commented from time to time to time, but hardly adequately and have a small audience.

I don't have a spiffy uniform and stars and battle ribbons. I'm in shorts and barefooted. So how could I and the bloggers/news sources I cite ever know more that Petraeus?
I've been thinking about the whole David Petraeus issue for the past couple of days, and what I've been thinking about is how badly the liberal blogosphere and the liberal establishment have been outplayed here. While we've spent the last six months snarking about Friedman Units and complaining aimlessly about spineless Democrats, Petraeus has been slowly and methodically carrying out an extremely disciplined military campaign with a very precise goal: gaining support for David Petraeus and the surge.

Via Kevin Drum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home