Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quote of the day

Taegan Goddard has a quote of the day:

"Can I honestly tell you I spend not a nanosecond listening to what each of them are saying sniping toward each other, so I have no idea what you're talking about. [?]"

-- John Edwards, quoted by CNN, on Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama criticizing each other.

My take on this is either he is lying through his fucking teeth or doesn't deserve the presidency.

This information (what other candidates are saying) is the most important goddamn information he needs right now and he's clueless? What will he do with NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) reports such as "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S."? React like Bush did?

Personally, I go with lying, but either one is equally reprehensible.

Without getting too '08 on your ass, one by one candidates are doing superlative jobs of losing my vote. No, I'm not looking for someone perfect, but someone who knows when to keep their mouths closed or say something intelligent if they find silence impossible.

May I suggest Edwards should have said something like, oh, I don't know, "I don't want to comment on squabbles between other candidates. These will come up. If I'm involved, I'll have something to say."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home