Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Conscript the Children of Politicians into the Military


Prince Harry

This is such a simple solution, suggested by Ralph Nader, to a huge problem.
Ask your member of Congress to introduce a one page bill that says the following: Whenever Congress and the White House take our country to war, all able-bodied military-age children of every member of Congress, the President and the Vice-President will be conscripted automatically into the armed forces.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the first test in court would rule it discriminatory.

Via counterpunch.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed Nam by getting in to the ANG just like King G only my Dad wasn't rich. My dads friend and neighbor like me. His comment was if more Senators sons went to war there won't be any. He was a General USAF and veteran of 2 and Korea.
jo6pac

3/05/2008 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I dodged that bullet 3 times, but not intentionally though that would have been the intelligent thing to do.

I was a university student and had an education deferral.

Conscripted first time. They said they were not drafting married men.

Conscripted second time. They said they were not drafting married men with a child.

My oldest son probably saved my ass.

Whew!

3/05/2008 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

Descrimination? Okay, draft everybody. Unaffected citizenry is as much to blame as the politicians. Let's have everybody feel the pain.

3/05/2008 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home