Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Obama clinches nomination; Clinton seeks VP spot


Jesus H Christ running for office, but I hope Obama won't pick HRC as a running mate.

Could she be good for the country? Definitely. Would she be? I seriously doubt it.

I think HRC as VP would continue the primary campaign for four more years. She'd subtly or not so subtly undermine Obama as often as possible so voters would begin seeing her as the prohibitively superior candidate in 2012.

That means she would have limited success in the position and only four years in which to accomplish anything. In fact she wouldn't even have four years because people would see, long before the four years were up, she was openly running for the next Presidency.

Truth is, I doubt there's any position in Obama's administration which would be a "good fit" for her and not be a thorn for Obama.
Cheered by a roaring crowd, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois laid claim to the Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday night, taking a historic step toward his once-improbable goal of becoming the nation's first black president. Hillary Rodham Clinton maneuvered for the vice presidential spot on his fall ticket without conceding her own defeat.

"America, this is our moment," the 46-year-old senator and one-time community organizer said in his first appearance as the Democratic nominee-in-waiting. "This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past."

Clinton praised Obama warmly in an appearance before supporters in New York, although she neither acknowledged his victory in their grueling marathon nor offered a concession of any sort.

Instead, she said she was committed to a unified party, and said she would spend the next few days determining "how to move forward with the best interests of our country and our party guiding my way."

Note: Headline links to source.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope he does not pick her for VP. For one thing, I think Bill Clinton would be a terrible burden to both of them! Second, I would much prefer to see Hillary Clinton in something like the Attorney General place. And third, damn I hate those initials. All my mind says on seeing HRC is "Her Royal Clintonness". Too much Disney in my life, what?

6/05/2008 03:50:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I'm not fond of the initials either, but I'm lazy ass and its quicker to type than Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Ya, get out more and not to Disneyland. Heh.

6/05/2008 06:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home