Friday, April 07, 2006

Harry Taylor - True Patriot

Bush was holding an open-forum event when Harry Taylor was recognised in the balconey.

"You never stop talking about freedom, and I appreciate that," Taylor told him. "But while I listen to you talk about freedom, I see you assert your right to tap my telephone, to arrest me and hold me without charges, to try to preclude me from breathing clean air and drinking clean water and eating safe food."

...

"What I want to say to you," Taylor continued, "is that I, in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by, my leadership in Washington."

...

"I feel like, despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration," Taylor added.

...

"I would hope, from time to time, that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of yourself,"...

...

In an interview afterward, Taylor said he had become an activist in recent years out of discontent with Bush and was pleasantly surprised he was allowed to challenge the president. "I didn't think I'd be let in the room," he said.

Bush hardly won him over, though. "I didn't care about his response," Taylor said. "I wanted to say what I wanted to say and I wanted him to know that despite being in a room with a thousand people who love him . . . there are plenty of people out there who don't agree with him in any way, shape or form."

By being foreceful, but polite, Taylor was allowed to project his message. Score one for Harry. Oh yes, you can bet your life savings that Harry Taylor will be watched closely by the FBI from now on and he will never be in the same room with Bush again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home