Sunday, March 18, 2007

McCain's "Truth in Advertising Express"


Sorry, but that should be the “Straight Talk" express”. My bad.

Behold a reporter acting like a reporter. Is there some way we can get the NYT's Adam Nagourney to follow all the candidates for a while?
Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”[emphasis mine]

What the fuck is that? He thinks he used to know what he thought about the subject, but doesn't think he knows what he thinks now? Talk about unbelievable conviction.

Ah, but there's more.

"Uh, sorry. I'll have to get back to you. I think I jotted my thoughts on a Post-it® Note or a napkin somewhere. Just have to find the fucking thing. But trust me. I do have a position. I just don't remember what it is. Is it just me or it getting damn hot inside this bus?"

Ya wanna let this guy lead you with his unwavering authority? Just asking.

(read more)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home