Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Still on a music jag


Mick Fleetwood's drum kit



Mick his own self

OK, I admit it. I'm not only manic depressive, but obsessive compulsive.

Hey, not a bad diagnosis for someone without a medical degree.

As you might guess from my post about Neil Peart, I'm kinda partial to drummers. Well, base players too but that's for a different post.

Been listening to Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood is an amazing drummer. Simple, but effective and powerful. All members of Fleetwood brought talent to the table, but I believe Mick is the reason people were captivated. Drumming is tribal and visceral. Just listen to House, Techno, Trance, old rock. The beat is the draw.

Yeah, I do get out sometimes. I know of such music.

I once knew a guy who drummed with one base, two cymbals, two toms and a snare. He blew me away all the time. Its not what ya got but the way ya use it.

Dammit! It happened again. Thought of more after posting.

I've known many drummers. Even roomed with one in college, who (shudder) later became a third grade teacher. Here is my stereotype of drummers...they are all fucking nuts. I've never met one who could change my opinion on that. For some reason it takes some sort of strange personality to drum. Perhaps that's why I relate so well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home