Thursday, November 22, 2007

Angels, Hunter Agree on $90 Million Deal


I don't post about sports. In fact this is the first time I've had to tag a post as "sports".

This is fucking obscene. No one is worth that much money. Especially someone who plays a child's game.

I'll be back after running to the bathroom to vomit.

I'm back. Yuck! I'll go back later and clean up.

Yeah, I realize it happens in all sports, but its always fucking obscene.
Vladimir Guerrero finally will have some protection in the batting order. The Los Angeles Angels, who have been trying to land another strong hitter for several years, agreed to a five-year, $90 million deal Wednesday with free agent Torii Hunter, who hit .297 with 28 homers and drove in 107 runs for Minnesota this year.

I need to make a couple things clear here.

Baseball is barely a sport at all. Soccer and basketball are "real" sports. I've played football, basketball, soccer, gymnastics, track and field, baseball. And baseball is the only sport in which I fell asleep waiting to go back in.

I'm an equal opportunity antagonist. I blame the greedy bastards who demand such money and the team owners who agree to pay.

It doesn't take collusion or conspiracy to stop this shit. Each team owner should just say I'll pay one or two million a year. If a player gets injured and can't play any longer, he's still set for life.

Wouldn't you go to work for a company that offered you such a package? Just asking.

Via AP.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

The people to blame are neither the owners, nor the players (who are just trying to keep the owners from sucking up the money). The ones to blame are the fans. Who pays the ridiculous amounts of money for tickets/hot dogs/beer? Who votes every damn time to build multi-million dollar stadiums at no cost to the owners of extremely profitable businesses? Who pays 50% more for a t-shirt/shorts/jacket/etc. just because it has a logo on it?
No, owners/players are simply taking what's handed to them, and yeah, I hate it, too.

11/27/2007 03:00:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I was going on the assumption the costs to the fans would come down if the owners/players weren't running up the bill.

Probably naïveté on my part.

Where do the shirts only cost 50% more? Hahaha.

Now rock concerts...

11/27/2007 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home