Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pakistani authorities release thousands of opposition supporters


Some good news for a change.
More than 3,000 people jailed under emergency rule have been released, the Interior Ministry said today, the latest sign that President Gen. Pervez Musharraf was rolling back some of the harsher measures taken against his opponents.

OK. All is right with the world and oppression has been thwarted.

Oops. I think I spoke too fucking soon.
Headline: Pakistan: Free Judges Held Under House Arrest

Tell me something. I'm just too fucking dense. How do "free" and "under house arrest" equate? What am I missing here?

To me "free" means I can walk around my neighborhood, get a taco, have conversations with my friends, go to Starbucks®, solicit sex from an undercover police officer.

Oops, sorry. That last "soliciting" thing was a slip of the the ol' typing hands.

Well, at least they can go to bed in their favorite pajamas and hold their teddy bear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home