Wednesday, December 05, 2007

In praise of AAA


Just being my supercilious self here. Bear with me on this. You'll be glad you did.

If you have an automobile in the US, don't even think about not joining AAA. It's available in other countries, but I'm not aware of the services offered world wide. My bad.

Your car breaks down? Call AAA.

Locked your keys in the car? Call AAA.

Dead battery? Call AAA.

Flat tire? call AAA.

Out of gas? Call AAA.

They'll plan your trips and give you travel tips.

You also get discounts at many auto related establishments because you are an AAA member.

And all of this is covered by your annual premium. No extra cost. Nada, zilch, naught, zip, nil, zero, nothing.

Don't ya just love thesauruses?

If you need an international driver's license to drive in, say Ireland, they'll provide one for USD 10 (last time I applied) and they even take your picture for the license so there's no extra cost.

Trust me on the last one. I was stopped in a foreign country and would have been in deep shit if not for my international driver's license. My US license carried no weight. BTW, it was a routine stop in that they were stopping everyone and there was no problem once an officer who knew what he was doing checked my credentials.

The first officer was discombobulated and had no idea what he was looking at.

For about USD 50 per year, its the best thing you can purchase to provide peace of mind. The services are fucking amazing.

Good luck and good driving.

Damn it, I forgot to add this. AAA will hound you to buy their auto insurance. From my experience, its a passive hounding in that you will be sent brochures and admonitions to join them, but no phone calls or any other aggressive tactics.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with AAA. I received nothing for this endorsement. I'm just a fucking fan.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

A roommate had AAA, and he always provided the tripticks (sp?) when we travelled. Those were fantastic things, especially if you're a map freak.

12/05/2007 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home