Friday, January 25, 2008

Nokia's profits jump, market share grows to 40 percent


Nokia 6610i (discontinued)
Mine has a red fascia which
is pretty beaten up, worn.

This story is interesting by itself, but I have no idea why they don't have a larger share of the market. The dependability factor is paramount in my estimation and Nokia has that.

Motorola phones might be superior. At least as phones. I wouldn't know. I almost never use my cellular phone as a phone. Its strictly SMS (text) messaging for me. I hate talking on a phone and often don't even answer the land line.

Information you may not know. Almost all police, around the world, use Motorola radios in their cars and use Motorola hand held walkie-talkies. The voice reproduction is excellent.

No, I have no connection whatsoever to Motorola. I just plug them from time to time.

But I've had a Nokia 6610i for about 3 years and love it. OK, the camera isn't up to more recent standards. The images are pretty bad, but the phone never gives me any trouble.

Oh shit! Now I've jinxed the fucking thing.

I had a Nokia 6610 (no camera) before which got picked out of my pocket. My pocket with the Velcro closure.

That guy was really a pro. I had no fucking clue he had taken it until several minutes later. Of course finding him was impossible by then. I do know who it was. He leaned into my shoulder at a festival...hard.

Nokia , the world's top cellphone maker, reported a 57 percent rise in earnings per share in the October-to-December quarter, with booming demand in emerging markets boosting its global market share to 40 percent.

Via Boston Globe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home