Friday, January 25, 2008

Couple protest jet noise with obscene rooftop sign


Yeah, I know I'm all over the place right now. So?
The skies won't seem especially friendly to anyone taking off from Philadelphia International Airport if they notice what a suburban couple wrote on the roof of their home.

"(Expletive) [my guess? FUCK] U FAA," the message reads, though one letter of the profane word is substituted with an underline. Below that it [sic] is a picture of a plane with a slash through it and the words "no fly zone."

Homeowner Michael Hall and his girlfriend, Michaelene Buddy, are angry that jets have been flying over their house since last month, when the Federal Aviation Administration altered departures heading out of Philadelphia. Hall says he has to sleep with earplugs.

Airports, for whatever reason, change flight paths. Air safety trumps one couple's wishes for quiet.

This shit particularly pisses me off because the problem could have been so easily avoided.

DON'T BUY THE FUCKING HOUSE!


Its near an airport you maroon. I've lived by airports knowing full well airports and airplanes are noisy as hell.

People are just as stupid about freeways. The freeway was there when they bought the damn house and then they bitch because...there's a noisy freeway right there.

Rumor has it these maroons can vote too. So sad.

Via CNN.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the daughter of Michael Hall and I have lived in this house for over 10 years. We had no complaints about the noise until they started flying planes directly over our house. This happened about 2 months ago, my grandmother who lives 2 houses down has lived in this neighborhood for almost 17 years. We did not move into a neighborhood that had to deal with such noise, if we wanted to deal with it we would have moved to essington. Maybe you should get some facts straight before you start calling people names.

1/26/2008 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I'm sorry you feel offended, but I've lived near airports (4) and realized when I moved in there might be a traffic pattern change affecting the noise I'd hear. Or the flight paths were already over the house.

Trust me, it will take a few weeks, but you'll hardly notice the noise. It just becomes part of the ambient background like barking dogs and motorcycles. Oh yeah, and sirens.

1/26/2008 08:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home